- President: Mr. Michael Staggs
- President Elect: Mr. Ron McCord
- Robert W. Sims: Mr. Laymon Gray
- Ray Parker – Aid to FAEDS Award: Mr. Jack Kelly
- FAEDS receives AEDS Outstanding Geographic Chapter Award.
- Membership over 260.
- Orlando chosen as site of 1982 AEDS National Convention.
- Spring Conference held in St. Petersburg.
- Sarasota host of Fall Conference.
- Motion passed to conduct only one conference per year. It will be
held in the Fall (beginning in 1981).
- FAEDS president or designee to sit on FECN (Florida Educational Computing Network, precursor to FIRN) Steering Committee.
- Honorary lifetime memberships awarded to Dr. Henry Fox, Dr. Robert
Gates, Shirley Molen, and Everett Yarbrough.
- Sims Award to Laymon Grays.
- Aid to FAEDS Award to Jack Kelly.