- President: Charles W. Lee, Central Florida Community College, Director of Data Processing
- President Elect: Mike Staggs, Orange County School District,k Systems Development Coordinator
- Past President & By-Laws Chair: Ray Parker, St. Petersburg Vocational-Technical Institute, Director FVEIS
- Treasurer: Lewis Nall, DOE
- Secretary: Marilyn Badessa, Escambia County School District
- Board Member: Ronald McCord, Manatee Junior College, Director of Computing Center
- Board Member: Mike Styers, Brevard Colunty School District, Operations and Training Supervisor
- Board Member: Bruce Collins, Broward County School District
- Board Member: Ad Gilbert, Palm Beach Junior College
- Board Member: Jeff Hunter, Director SFECC
- Board Member: Terry Shoultes, Palm Beach School District
- Robert W. Sims: Mr. Michael Staggs
- Special Recognition Award: Captain Grace Hopper
- First mention of FAEDS coordinated Installation Profile in
- First year of conducting elections by mail-in ballots.
- Membership back up to around 250 after a slight decrease in
- Summer Conference held in West Palm Beach.
- Sims Scholarship awarded to Karen Ann Oaks (Edison Community
College) and Stephen Slessinger (Seminole Community College).
- William English awarded the first FAEDS Honorary Lifetime
- Jack Kelly elected chairman of the AEDS Council of Geographic
- Fall Conference held in Orlando.
- William English brought on as the FAEDS Executive Secretary.
- President-elect was Mike Staggs.
- Michael Staggs awarded Sims Award.
- July 23, 1978 – first written documentation of Ray Parker (now
past-president) making his famous motion to adjourn.