A State association founded in 1964, the Florida Association of Educational Data Systems (FAEDS) is the oldest Florida professional association dedicated to the advancement of educational technology.
- To provide a forum for discussion of issues in educational technology.
- To provide information and assistance to Florida educators and technical personnel.
- To promote a greater understanding of the uses of technology at all levels of education.
- To encourage greater communication between instructional and Information Technology professionals in the State of Florida.
FAEDS is open to all those interested in the uses of computers in education. Current members include: Information Technology personnel from all levels of Florida education including:
- K-12 educators
- college and university educators
- State Department of Education personnel, and producers of technology information, materials and equipment
Annual dues are $25.00 per year per person.
FAEDS holds an annual Information Technology Conference in a major Florida city.
- Current and Past FAEDS Annual Conference Information
Each Conference has presentations and exhibits of interest to Florida educators, administrators, and Information Technology personnel.
FAEDS offers three scholarships per year to individuals who intend to enter into educational computing professions. The William J. English Memorial Scholarship of $3,000 is given each year to an outstanding high school student, the Dr. Robert W. Sims Memorial Scholarship for $3,000 is given to an outstanding post-secondary student, the FAEDS Teacher Scholarship for $3,000 is given to an outstanding teacher.
See the most recent scholarship winners: FAEDS Scholarship Winners.
Those interested in applying for these awards, please use the below address.