Below are the archives of FAEDS documents from the 1970.
- President: Mrs. Mary Esther Raker
- President Elect: Mr. Alton Kindred
- Robert W. Sims: Mr. Everett Yarbrough
- Bylaws changed to remove lame-duck period for elected officials. (They take posts immediately.)
- Bylaws also changed to provide for the election of a president-elect.
- Dr. Henry Fox made official lobbyist.
- AEDS national convention held in Miami Beach. It was the most successful in AEDS history to that point.
- Membership around 250 individuals.
- FAEDS drafts resolution in support of the SIRS Project which was in jeopardy due to budget cuts.
- Alton R. Kindred elected FAEDS first president-elect.
- Sims Scholarship changed from a loan to a grant.
- Fall Conference held in Sarasota.
- Everett Yarbrough (Leon) given Sims Memorial Award.